8oz. box of Pixies®
1 box chocolate cake mix
2 3.9oz. boxes of instant chocolate pudding
1 12oz. container of whipped topping, thawed
1 jar of caramel sundae sauce
9 x 13 baking dish
Trifle dish or large bowl
Optional: Additional Pecans
- Make the cake according to the directions on the box and bake in a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Remove the cake from the pan and allow to cool completely. While the cake is cooling, mix the instant chocolate pudding according to the box directions and allow to set.
- Cut cake into 1 inch squares.
- In your trifle dish or punch bowl, lay the cake squares on their sides to completely cover the bottom of the dish.
- Using a spoon, drizzle caramel sauce over the cake squares.
- Spread a layer of chocolate pudding over the cake. Tip: To keep neat layers in your dish, use a damp paper towel to wipe away any astray pudding or whipped topping.
- Spread a layer of whipped topping over the pudding.
- Chop the Pixies® into small, bite-sized pieces. Tip: Refrigerate Pixies® before cutting them to keep the caramel from oozing out!
- Sprinkle some chopped pixies over the whipped topping and drizzle additional caramel sauce.
- Repeat steps 4 – 7 until you’ve run out of cake.
- Sprinkle remaining Pixies® on the top of the trifle and drizzle with caramel sauce as desired.
- Serve chilled. It’s best when made a day in advance!
For extra crunch, sprinkle toasted pecans along with the Pixie® pieces!