Fall is officially here! Do you know what that means? Holidays will be here before you know it. Many people will begin to plan for family gatherings, friendsgiving, and other parties. You may find that you’re already perusing Pinterest to gather ideas on the latest sweet trends for 2017. Dessert is always the answer and you can never have enough of it! We have the perfect last course for chocolate and caramels LOVERS!!!
We have a fantastic recipe for any get-together this fall. Our Pixies® Bars are made with our famous Pixies®, a Fannie May® Favorite. What are Pixies®, you ask? A Pixie® is a created with buttery smooth caramel, fresh pecans drenched in luscious rich milk or dark chocolate. These bars are going to be a huge buzz at your next get-together.
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 12 Fannie May® Pixies®
- 8×8 pan or non-stick pan
- Electric mixer
- Rubber spatula
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease the bottom of an 8×8 pan, or use a non-stick pan. Place the butter and sugar in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add salt, baking powder and flower, and blend until all the flour is thoroughly mixed.
- Turn dough into prepared pan and press into the pan with a rubber spatula and floured fingertips. Prick the dough with a fork. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place Pixies® on crust in 4 rows of 3. Place pan in oven for 3 minutes. Remove and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Gently spread Pixies® with a knife until they blend into one or cover the entire pan. Allow to cool. Dust with powdered sugar and cut into bars.
Fannie May® Pixies® Bars Shortcuts:
- Replace above dough with your favorite sugar cookie mix, or even favorite break-and-bake dough in your grocery’s refrigerated section.